Whether you’re planning a gathering with friends or are tasked with choosing the menu for an upcoming luncheon, deciding what to serve after dinner can be tricky. Cake is the obvious choice and it’s always a crowd pleaser. However, choosing a dessert menu that sets your event apart helps you end on a high note.
Not every delicious dessert is meant for a crowd. Instead of desserts like pies and cheesecake, opt for bite size treats that are easy to enjoy while catching up, networking, listening or taking notes. Shrinking the size of your dessert options doesn’t mean giving up big flavor or crowd-pleasing presentation.
7 Dessert Menus for a Crowd
- Ice Cream Sundaes: Upgrade this warm-weather favorite with local artisan ice cream and high-quality toppings. It’s perfect for company picnics, corporate retreats and family parties.
- Cupcakes: If your guests are expecting cake, make serving a crowd easier with a dessert menu made of cupcakes. Mix and match base, filling and frosting flavors to delight your guests!
- Brownies: The ultimate potluck dessert can easily feed a group of friends, corporate team or event attendees. High-quality ingredients and fun add ins make brownies, blondies, and cookie or cheesecake bars a sweet treat, while still being easy to serve a crowd.
- Tartlets: Itty bitty tarts are a gorgeous addition to your event’s meal. The same base can be filled with berries and cream, chocolate, citrus curd, apples or stone fruit. Pick a single seasonal flavor or choose a few for your dessert menu.
- Cobbler: For all the fresh flavor of a fruit pie without the stress of the perfect crust or clean first slice, go for a collection of cobblers. This rustic dessert will be at home at backyard parties, casual luncheons and even laidback weddings.
- Fudge: Rich fudge is a satisfying treat, even in bite-sized bits. For an entertaining dessert menu that’s easy to serve and eat, an old fashioned fudge counter is a fun addition to any event.
- Dessert Table: If you can’s choose a single dessert for your catering menu, try a dessert table. Add cookies, macarons, cannoli, mousse, fresh fruit and more for a dessert menu with something for everyone.